Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Prayer of Thanks

On Friday, the last procedure that removed a stent from my kidney ended a two month long struggle with a kidney stone.  Thankfully I was able to work through most of it, but always through the fog of medications.  The last procedure was like turning off a switch of pain and I could stop the pain medication at once.  I am grateful to the doctors who helped and all the health professionals that guided the process.  I am grateful to the wise souls who have been through this themselves who offered good guidance.  And I am indebted to all those who’s prayers sustained me in a very difficult time. 

The spiritual work of a kidney stone, as in many other health issues, is patience.  The preferable way for them to come out is on their own and so the best way is to wait, even if, as was the case for me, it doesn’t come out on its own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment